The NCFE IOSH Level 3 Certificate in Safety and Health for Business has been developed in response to business trends and feedback from employers, trainers and experienced practitioners.
No other safety and health qualification offers both a business and a technical focus. With an emphasis on delivering tangible benefits for organisations, the qualification takes a more strategic approach to safety and health.
As well as providing a technical overview of safety and health, this qualification addresses current issues demanded by employers, including how to drive programmes of cultural change. It is also includes new pioneering content such as managing uncertainty and how organisations can adapt to long-term “megatrends” affecting the safety of the workplace. In addition, there is a strong focus on health and wellbeing, including health hazards, health assessment, global health trends and good practice.
If you are a training provider interested in delivering the Safety and Health for Business course please visit the Become a registered IOSH training provider page.
Why the IOSH qualification?
- Time-efficient - delegates can spend less time away from work than with comparable safety and health qualifications
- It includes content, and importantly, techniques demanded by employers
- It is developed by IOSH, in collaboration with highly respected awarding organisation NCFE, and has the best interests of the profession at its heart
- It draws on the full range of resources and publications that IOSH has to offer, bringing an unrivaled array of support resources for learners and providers alike
- No extra costs - all resources, assessments and a textbook are included in the price.
Offering this qualification
In order to be able to offer this new IOSH qualification, training providers must:
- already be accredited by an awarding organisation for the delivery of regulated qualifications
- be an existing IOSH Training Provider, delivering Managing Safely
- have an Internal Quality Assurer (IQA), who is an employee accountable and responsible for the Qualification quality assurance and assessment processes
- also have a Lead Trainer Assessor (LTA) who is an employee, meets the trainer criteria below and has experience of conducting various types of assessments at level 3, particularly in relation to National Occupational Standards or regulated qualifications
- the IQA will be required to attend a pre-approval meeting or conference call with IOSH.
An individual trainer must:
- be a Graduate Member of IOSH (minimum level) and CPD-compliant
- be an approved IOSH trainer who has delivered and marked IOSH Managing Safely
- have significant business leadership experience or a business qualification at level 5 or equivalent
- have a minimum of three years face-to-face training delivery experience
- have three years practical health and safety experience.
Any information a trainer provides to support their application will be verified, so by providing this information, trainers will consent to IOSH contacting third parties.
Top business benefits
- The qualification is regulated by Ofqual, the qualifications regulator for England, on the high-quality Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)
- The NCFE IOSH Level 3 Certificate in Safety and Health for Business is cost-effective and time efficient so less time is required away from the workplace than for other safety and health qualifications
- Employees gain essential safety and health knowledge related to where they work and the jobs they do it is business first in its approach
- It offers learning that goes beyond technical knowledge to give insights and skills delegates can use to help improve performance, productivity and profitability within their organisations
- Linked to IOSH Blueprint, our competency framework, the qualification will help organisations identify their skills needs and do what they do better, more responsibly and more sustainably
- It offers businesses and their staff the professional route they need to IOSH membership.
Top delegate benefits
- Delegates will receive a qualification that meets business needs, making them more employable
- It is a great career investment, providing applied knowledge to deliver the best safety and health management
- It helps delegates to apply business-focused learning in the workplace to develop their skills and techniques
- The qualification uses tried-and-tested, engaging and interactive training methods to help learners gain knowledge easily and effectively
- Having completed their IOSH Managing Safely course, this is the ideal next step for delegates to become eligible for IOSH membership
- Being a member of IOSH opens up a world of professional opportunities and resources that will support progress at work and contribute tangibly to business success.
Want to know more?
Check the course calendar and trainer directory to find a course that suits you. Please be aware there are a limited number of training providers showing at this stage, this is updated in real time once trainer applications are approved.
Contact us for more information through firstname.lastname@example.org.