Delegates who successfully complete our Working Safely course can choose to receive the IOSH certificate and/or passport card as proof of their qualification.
The IOSH safety passport is a credit card size card outlining a worker’s health and safety training. As well as a photo, the robust plastic card includes a number of other security features and an expiry date, to make sure that training is up to date.
Why a passport card?
A card is a quick, practical way of confirming a worker’s training credentials. The cards are ideal for contractors or multi-site workers. They can be used to show the standard and level of training; as an identification card and as a site card.
- The cards are a simple way to demonstrate that you value health and safety.
- Contractors and multi-site workers prefer a card to a certificate, as it’s more handy and portable.
- Using a card to show that workers have basic training saves time on inductions they’ll just need site-specific training.
- They demonstrate that training is up to date - each passport expires after three years.
- Security features include a photo, hologram and signature, meaning they’re more tamper-proof and fraud-proof than a certificate.