Everyone at work deserves to understand about safety and health, that’s why we train up to 179,000 people each year.
A day can make such a difference
Working Safely is a one-day course for people at any level, in any sector, that will boost business performance and staff motivation. How? Simply by showing how everyone can enhance their safety, health and wellbeing through everyday behaviours. This is a completely different approach to safety and health training: a high-impact programme designed to be fun and inclusive. No jargon, just inspirational learning that’s enjoyable, stimulating and effective.
Our Working Safely course is recognised by CSCS as an equivalent to a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (face-to-face courses only). That means that delegates who successfully complete a classroom based Working Safely can apply for a CSCS green Labourer card once they have also passed the CITB Health, Safety and Environment Operatives Test.
Delegates who successfully complete our Working Safely course can choose to receive the IOSH certificate and/or an IOSH Safety Passport as proof of their qualification.
Who the course is for
Anyone and everyone in a working role who wants to learn the basics of safety and health.
Why it works
- Designed for anyone, in any sector, worldwide
- Provides the knowledge and tools required to work safely
- Peace of mind from training that’s designed and quality controlled by us
- Flexibility of delivery that suits your business
- Internationally recognised and respected certification
- Efficient and effective learning health, safety and environmental basics covered in a single programme.
What to expect
- Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies
- Modules backed by clear examples and recognisable scenarios
- Summaries to reinforce key points
- Checklists and materials supplied for subsequent use in workplace
- Informal and interactive quizzes and discussions
- Evaluation using a multi-format question paper and a multiple choice hazard spotting exercise
- Choice of IOSH Working Safely certificate and/or the IOSH Safety Passport as proof of qualification.
Top 5 business benefits
- Minimal disruption - the programme is delivered in just one day (including assessment)
- Greater productivity - fewer hours lost to sickness and accidents
- Improved organisation-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Internationally recognised certification for employees
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain.
Top 5 delegate benefits
- Classroom courses are recognised by CSCS as equivalent to a Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment (does not apply to online courses)
- Ensures delegates can define hazards and risks
- Ensures delegates can identify common hazards
- Improves overall safety performance
- Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Working Safely certicate and/or IOSH Safety Passport.
What do people say about Working Safely?
|"The aim was to achieve a more focused approach to safety across the board. We wanted a training product that was well-regarded within the industry and which the staff could be proud of and Working Safely was the one for us. The course’s new, dynamic approach proved key, as did the fact that it is jargon-free"|
Head of Health and Safety, Forterra. Read the full case study.
For more information download the Working Safely course factsheet or enquire about the course.
The course factsheet is also available in Simplified Chinese.
|Book on to a course||Find a training provider|
|Enquire about the course||Become a training provider|