I am pleased to be able to confirm that Matt Clay from the Health and Safety Executive will act as our Vice Chair and Damian Elliott for INEOS will cover the group as Communications Coordinator, please support these individual as they take forward our 18-month plan for the Group which will focus on:
- Organising the Process Safety Webinar programme, due to start in April 2019 in Partnership with IOSH Off-shore Group, Energy Institute and IChemE.
- Running an event in the North and South of the UK
- Establishing Benchmarking visits
- Publishing a quarterly newsletter
- Establishing formal links with Caribbean and Asia Pacific Branch networks.
One of our new committee members has unfortunately had to withdraw from the group due to other work commitments, given the limited gender diversity of the committee we would like to encourage some females to join us. I trust you will all appreciate the advantages of our committee being representative of our membership.
Please keep an eye on your email inbox, Connect, or the IOSH website for further details of the events and volunteering opportunities, which will include a full programme of webinars deconstructing process safety.
If you think that you have other priorities for development and activities that the group should progress please make your voice heard during the next survey or get in touch directly.
Chair, Hazardous Industries Group.